top of page

The situations when you don't need full planning permission

When you are starting to think about a building project, it's useful to know if what you want to do is covered by "permitted development rights".

These are situations when you don't need to apply for full planning permission, but you might need to apply to a council for their formal agreement that what you are doing is a "permitted development".

Here are two useful sources of information about this complicated subject:

If you'd like advice that's specific to your project, you can contact us using


bottom of page