top of page

Permanent dwelling allowed to replace static caravan

A planning appeal inspector has made an important ruling which can help people to obtain planning consent for a new house, even in normally impossible locations.

The ruling said that a new house was allowed because the site contains a caravan that benefits from a lawful development certificate for residential use.

A lawful development certificate for the residential use of a caravan can be obtained in many situations. It can even be obtained where an unauthorised residential use has occurred continuously for at least 10 years.

More details on the appeal case mentioned above can be read here.

If you'd like advice or help with obtaining a lawful development certificate or to apply for planning consent for a house, you can contact via or 0845 170 8050.

bottom of page